Last week I started my 2nd Rotation in Durant. I absolutely love it. We worked 15 hours Tues night to Wednesday morning---that was a wake up call. Working all night is TOUGH. Then we slept all day Wednesday & went back to work @ 6pm. Wednesday night I got to "staple" a woman's laceration on her head. She had fallen & suffers from Alzheimer's, so she wouldn't have understood to stay still long enough for me to "suture" it, so we decided the best thing for her would be to put some staples in it (quick & easy). I put 3 staples in & that was that. My preceptor was nice enough to let me go home around midnight, but we were a little busy so I didn't get off until 2:00am. I came back to their home (where I'm staying for this month) & slept. I woke up Thurs. (turkey day) morning (8:30am) to my phone ringing...it was Mom wanting to know if I had left yet. After that, I got up, used the restroom & then came back in with the light on. I decided I'd lay back down for just a minute (with the light still on)....then before I knew it, it was 11:30!!! I shot out of bed & rushed to get ready, leaving behind my driver's license, hair dryer, straightening iron, comb, toothpaste & brush, make-up, debit card. Needless to say, I was not in the least bit prepared! I finially made it home around 2:30 on Thanksgiving & had a wonderful time with my family :).
I decided to try something new this year & go see what all this talk was about "Black Friday". Well, my mom didn't want to get up early to go shopping, so I decided I'd do it by myself. My brother had to be at work at 6:00am, so I just had him drop me off at the mall on his way. An hour & a half later...I was completely finished with my christmas shopping & didn't pay full price for anything!!! Then, I went back home & took a wonderful nap :). All-in-all, it was a pretty nice experience! I will say this though, it would be a lot more enjoyable to have someone to shop with!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment